7 tips on how to write a good article
1. Know your audience
Before writing your article, think about your target audience. It is necessary to know what type of language is more appropriate to your audience and what content sparks their interest.
2. Come up with a catchy title
We live in an era that is overflowing with information, and catching the reader’s attention is no easy task.
If the title is attractive and able to catch the reader’s attention, they will certainly open the article and read it.
The title of your article should be:
– Brief: o título deve ser curto. Normalmente, o leitor ignora títulos longos.
– Clear: o título deve ir direto ao assunto do artigo.
– Attractive: o título deve ser chamativo, original e agradável para captar a atenção e despertar a curiosidade do leitor.
– SEO (Search Engine Optimisation): a title should have key words that will drive traffic to your website or blog.
3. Create many paragraphs
Eliminate large blocks of text. Create many paragraphs. This will make reading easier and it will also reduce visual fatigue for your reader.
Some techniques you may use are:
– Lists: normally, these are efficient as they spark the reader’s curiosity, making them read the next item.
– Subtitles: use the h1/h2/h3 to create subtitles for your contents.
– Highlight contents: use the bold or italics function to highlight important parts of the text.
4. Use images
The era of visual content is here to stay. Use images in your article. Besides catching people’s attention, they are also great tools to break text monotony.
5. Add internal and external links
You should recommend texts related to your articles, whether from your own blog or any other external website.
Internal links, i.e. links to content from your blog or website, help to generate readers’ loyalty, since they can easily learn more about your business / company. Moreover, your older articles will continue to be visited, read and commented.
External links, i.e. links to other blogs or websites, help to extend the discussions, quote information as well as offer the reader the opportunity to see another opinion.
There is always the fear of losing visits when mentioning external content. However, in most cases, your website’s contents will also be quoted and indicated by another blog or by others, which will attract more and better quality visits.
6. Reread to avoid mistakes
Reread the whole text.. Mistakes show a lack of professionalism and if there are any, it is likely that the reader will leave the blog.
7. Optimize your article for the search engine
After completing your article, be sure to optimize it for the search engine. It is necessary to define the keyword and meta-description in the place indicated for the SEO.
The keyword must be an expression indicating the subject of your article so that when someone does a search on this particular subject, the article appears well positioned in the search results.
The meta-description is a small text that appears with the title in the search results. When the reader does a search using the topic of your article, they will have to decide which of the results sounds more interesting and relevant. Therefore, writing a good meta-description means being one step ahead of other results.